If someone you know and love has died, a funeral led by a Church of England minister can be held in church, in a churchyard, by a graveside, or at a crematorium. The minister will be there to support you every step of the way.

If you already know the minister whom you would like to take the funeral, then simply tell your funeral director, who will make all the arrangements.

If you know that you would like someone from the Church of England to lead the funeral, but don’t know a specific person, tell the Funeral Director, who know who to contact.

Sometimes the place where the person organising the funeral lives and the place where your loved one spent most of their life might be different from the place where they died. Older people move into residential care or sheltered housing in later life, but their ‘home town’ might still be the place where they wanted to have a funeral.

To explore the option of having a funeral in a place other than where your loved one lived at the time they died just contact us for help.

Church of England funerals can be lead by a vicar, a retired vicar (who has the Bishop’s permission to do so) or a licensed lay minister. All of them are specially trained and have lots of experience in taking funerals.

© Garrowby Churches 2024 | Privacy policy