b'WiltonFrom the rent of the common oven in the same place leased in the same way 10s From the rent of a certain upland pasture in the same place called Loghgrenwik [Low Greenwick] lying upon the Wald leased in the same way to Richard Rokeby under the common seal to be had by indenture given the 14th day of January in the 15th year of King Henry VII [1500] to the same Richard and his assigns from the Feast of St Michael the Archangel last past before the aforesaid date until the end of the term of 40 years and currently in the hands of Robert Creik executor of the will of the aforesaid Richard Rokeby 57s 6dFrom the rent of another upland pasture called Highgrenwik [High Greenwick] leased in the same way to the said Richard Rokeby under the aforesaid common seal and currently in the hands of the aforesaid Robert CreikTo pay a fine for that parcel 67s 6d with the abovesaid parcelFrom the rent of an upland pasture called Manygrenrigs [Manna Green]Leased for a fine these leased in the same waywith the site of the manor 40s of Wetwang and others as appears aboveFrom the rent of an upland pasture there called Kalingeswold [Callis Wold] leased in the same way 46s 8d Leased to John Wright and From the rent of another upland pasture there called Blaberymore leased inJames[blank] for a fine of 4 the same way 6s 8d to be paid at the next 40s accountFrom the rent of an upland pasture there called Cottenable [Cot Nab] leased in the same way20s Unknown as far who holds [it]From the rent of 18 bovates of demesne land in Bishop Wilton together with certain meadows commonly called Threolinge [Threeling] with 3 acres of land lying in the same meadow there called Westinge and one acre in the same meadow called Bradale and half an acre of meadow in the same meadow called Little Ewe Dale, half an acre of meadow in the same meadow called Stok Dale and the Swathe and with another meadow Avenom [Awnhams]Respited to the tenants of the with herbage of a certain upland pasture called Halfcliff [Hall Cliff] whichlord of Wilton for this year in together with the other land and pasture in demesne now are leased out toconsideration that they have the tenants of the lord of Wiltonrebuilt their church in this year, 11 2s the other recently burnt by fireFrom the rent of the 2 pastures of which one is called Yougange [Ewe Gang] and the other Cowclosse [Cow Close] together with the pasture called Wolstoghpark alias Wormclosse now leased to the tenants thereRespited the sites abovesaid 36s 8d to the aforesaid tenantsFrom the rent of the herbage of the site of the manor and barn for corn [or grain] and the pastures called Thornpark and Smallpark and also with the pasture of a certain close there called Fosterlodge leased in the same way to Robert Creik this year to bear the cost in all respects of the fences and hedges of the aforesaid pastures their own appurtenances being taken 20s Fine 20s leased to John Hall3.been enclosed at an earlier date. It sounds like Avenom must be what we now know as Awnham. Awnhams is the name for the becksomeones name but in checking a possible that runs along the north-west boundary of theLatin origin we find the variants of offnama township of Bishop Wilton. At the time of theandavenama meaning intake or enclosure. 1772 parliamentary enclosure it was also theSo the name Awnhams comes from a literal name of a field by the side of that beck that haddescription of a piece of land that was an early BULLETIN 10 161'